SharePoint List Management Agent for ILM with FIM 2010?

May 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Hello,

I am currently planning an ILM 2007 to FIM 2010 migration in which the current deployment utilizes the SharePoint List Managment Agent for ILM 2007 and was wondering if you have any experience with using this MA in a FIM 2010 (64bit environment)?

Regards,

Steve

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM
While I don't have direct experience using the MA with FIM, there's no reason that I can think of that it wouldn't work. It's all managed code, so it should work fine in a 64-bit environment, and the extensible MA interfaces haven't changed in FIM. You may need to replace the Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx.dll, but I don't think it will require a recompile. Are you actually running into issues with it, or are you asking just to be sure before your migration?
May 6, 2010 at 5:53 PM
StevenKean wrote:
While I don't have direct experience using the MA with FIM, there's no reason that I can think of that it wouldn't work. It's all managed code, so it should work fine in a 64-bit environment, and the extensible MA interfaces haven't changed in FIM. You may need to replace the Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx.dll, but I don't think it will require a recompile. Are you actually running into issues with it, or are you asking just to be sure before your migration?

Steven, thank you for the quick response. At this time I am only planning the actual project. There will be a full test and piolt phase where we will test functionality in a lab environment prior to a production roll out. So, no issues at this time I was trying o preempt a problem as I know there are some MA compatibility issues with the 64 bit environment. I believe most are related to dependancies on software that is NOT compatible with 64bit such as Host Integration Server 2007. I will be sure to update this post once we are move the MA to FIM 2010 in the lab in case others have the same question in the future.

Thanks again,

Steve

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 6:04 PM
The MA uses the standard SharePoint web services, so you shouldn't run into any issues there. The MA is unlikely to work with SharePoint 2010, though... just as a heads up. A followup post with your migration experience would be very much appreciated!
May 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM
Edited May 6, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Will do Steven. One more quick question though. Any plans to develop a SharePoint 2010 MA?

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I've been testing this MA with FIM 2010 R2 (4.1.1906) against a SharePoint 2010 Enterprise install. I used the InfoPath Forms Server to generate List contents and the MA reads things in just fine. So you now have testing on the newest stuff..

• FIM 2010 R2
  • SharePoint 2010

So it looks like everything (that I tested anyways) is good.

I did notice that columns that are lookups to other SharePoint lists come in looking like this

4;#Dallas

Where 4 is the ID of a list item who's Title is 'Dallas'. I don't have a SP2007 to see if that's different behaviour, but it's easy to parse out in an advanced inbound flow.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hello ,

I installed the MA with FIM 2010 and the MA doesn't appear in the MAs list. I had an old ILM 2007 system I exported the MA from it and tried to import it into FIM 2010 (failed of course) it gave me the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Is there any thing I need to modify in the MA so that it works normally